Clinic update for our patients
Dear valued patients of The Marshall Clinic,
We have made a number of changes to “COVID-proof” your dental home!
- Sneeze guards at our reception desk
- All toys, magazines, plants, water/coffee station, etc removed from our reception area
- Limited seating at reception area
- New Check in station at entrance
- Each individual operatory sectioned off to keep each patient isolated
- Hospital-grade air filtration units installed to scrub the air clean 21 times an hour in each operatory
- Double the suction power at each operatory with an upgrade to our centralized vacuum
- Enhanced disinfection protocols on all surfaces throughout the office and the building
- Monitoring of all team members and continuing responsible hand hygiene practices
- We are having to keep the clinic cooler than usual and cannot offer blankets, we are very concerned about your comfort so, PLEASE DRESS WARMLY, feel free to bring your own blanket if needed.
It will look and feel a little different, but rest assured, we still have our same fun smiles and our same gentle hearts underneath (even though we may be a little covered up)!
Your next visit will look something like this:
- We will be asking you screening questions prior to scheduling and again on the day of your appointment before you enter the office. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, we politely ask that you reschedule for the safety of other patients and our team:
- Fever > 38°C, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, flu-like symptoms, or runny nose?
- Close personal contact with any suspected COVID-19 cases and/or any travel outside of Canada in the past 2 weeks?
- When you arrive, please stay in the car or the lobby and let us know. We will call or text you when we are ready for you to come up to the clinic.
- Our front door will be locked (sorry!) in order to regulate the number of patients in the clinic at any one time.
- Once we let you in, we will have you use hand sanitizer (available at the entrance and throughout the office) and put on the mask provided (we encourage you to come with your own mask)…..then we will check your temperature using a non-touch infrared thermometer, as well as check your blood oxygen saturation level using a pulse oximeter on your finger (COVID symptoms may include lower blood oxygen levels due to lung inflammation).
- If you need to use the bathroom, now is a good time!
- We will then guide you directly to the operatory.
- Prior to any procedures, we will have you rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide rinse for 60 seconds.
- After your procedure, we encourage you to use hand sanitizer again and put on your mask before you leave.
- We will be transitioning to digital forms to avoid handling of papers and will also take preference to accepting payments via phone or email (touchless payments are still available if needed).
New Clinic Look
Please watch this video about how we are managing the aerosols and air flow in the clinic. You will be able to see the major changes we have made to the clinical space to ensure your safety and the reasons why we did this.
Dr Bruce, Dr Matthew, and the Marshall Clinic team!